Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Day 207 - Am I Supposed To Dodge or Block The Ball?

April 30, 2011
At OTL's Dodgeball Party, our fearless Captain made us each certificates with prizes!!
I am affectionately labeled as a "Defensive-Minded Player" which means I'm really good at standing in the corner and making people forget I'm there.  
When the other team misses one of our players, I'm there to catch it.
 
After the party, I zipped across town for soccer.  Sadly, I don't feel like I'm able to take pictures at soccer yet. I need to stay focused on the game because I'm still learning all the rules.  For example, I didn't know when you kicked the ball into the ceiling, you get the ball at the redline.  Or that when your team is ahead by 5 goals, the other team gets an extra person.  I guess I was the only person on the field who didn't know these things.  It's only my third game.  
Back up.
Our team played infinitely better.  We defined who was playing different positions and could almost call each other by name.
A 9-7 victory was well deserved.
And I assisted Heather with a goal.  But don't ask her about it.  She doesn't remember who set her up with a sweet, long range pass.  (Hint: It was me!)
{Assists are sometimes called "Dimes".  Get it?}

House Team In The HOUSE!!!   1-1    3pts

No comments:

Post a Comment