Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Day 215 - Hi Mom

May 8, 2011
This whole blog is probably inspired by my Mother.  She is really into scrapbooking and she has an entire room in her house dedicated to all of her tools (Mom's Scrapbooking Salon).  She has boxes and boxes of old pictures from both sets of Grandparents and has become the unofficial historian of our entire family.  She has made each family member several books with photos, die-cuts, stickers, stamps, and primary source documents. 

My Mother is AMAZING at scrapbooking.  I used to go with her to Ben Franklin when I was little and she would let me run the die-cutting machine.  As she became more experienced, she added multiple cornering machines, special tapes and adhesives, and encyclopedias of stickers. I couldn't really help once she added this new technology.  The only thing I can do is run the die-cut machine.   

When I look at the things she creates, I'm blown away by how much I've forgotten about my own life.  The scrapbooks are a way to remember all the happiness in our lives.

This blog is my way of being like my Mom.

I love you, Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment