Sunday, May 15, 2011

Day 222 - Bridesmaids

May 15, 2011
"In this movie, romantic envy and class envy coalesce, because Bridesmaids understands just how they're linked. Even if money can't buy you love, being broke puts you at a distinct disadvantage."

It definitively proves that women are the equal of men in vulgarity, sexual frankness, lust, vulnerability, overdrinking and insecurity.




Bridesmaids is kind of both things.  It's funny and touching.  I wouldn't call it "gross", but there were some jokes that were... pleasantly inappropriate. It made me laugh and warmed my heart.  
Plus, it made me think of this song.

The parental guide for this movie is mammoth. 
Was there any chance kids were seeing this movie?
"Huh?  There's no violence or gore?  Ok, Jenny, we'll take your whole second grade class!"

1 comment:

  1. Ok I haven't seen it yet...but is this song in the movie?! Now I can't wait to see it. After this summer I will have been a bridesmaid 4 times. Must see.

    ReplyDelete