Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Day 238 - Squirrel. Seriously.

May 31, 2011
This was the view on my computer when I came into work today.
An announcement came on that said our internet was down.
The cause of our internet crash?
A squirrel.
He chewed threw the cable and then voraciously defended his territory from the repair guy.
I couldn't make this up if I tried.
I didn't realize how dependent I am on the internet.  
No email. 
 No district resources.  
We couldn't even log in to our presentation stations.
So, here's a list of things I missed on the internet today:

Though it's not as comprehensive as I might have hoped.

2) Good Eats is ending
I was obsessed with this show.
Alton Brown is amazing.
He makes food fascinating.


3) Sasquatch coverage
NPR posted a ton of live concerts from Sasquatch
I'm listening to a set from "The Head and The Heart" right now.
They say more concerts will be posted later this week.
TBTL also went to Sasquatch and has been posting interviews with some bands.
Matt and Kim seem fun. (She jumps on drums.  That's how you do it.)


4) Stereogum
Where has this been all my life?
I looked on this site for 5 minutes and already found:
A tribute to OK Computer
A serious Weezer cover and a not so serious cover.
And Radiohead covering other bands.

5) NBA 2K11 (featuring the Sonics)
When a kid told me this game had the Sonics, I flipped.
It's the 95-96 Sonics because they played Michael Jordan in the finals.  
But it's really them.
Yes, it's the year with our crappy 90's logo
But it looks so real.
I keep meaning to watch the movie about how the Sonics were stolen:
The whole movie is posted on the website in HD.
and they have a sweet short film with Blue Scholars and Slick Watts.
Blue Scholars are Seattle Hip Hop.  
They sampled Owl City and made it great.

2 comments:

  1. Head and the Heart was awesome! I got into a private acoustic session too. And Matt and Kim were very entertaining. She looks like she's having so much fun all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! The NPR site just added The Flaming Lips and Rodrigo y Gabriella. Sasquatch looked awesome.

    ReplyDelete