Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day 254 - Fake Birthday

June 17, 2011
Today is not my birthday.
But the pod wanted a reason to party.
Somehow, the idea of a birthday morphed into making nachos for lunch.
Real avocados.  Real pulled pork.  Real fake cheese.
Cake from Hoffman's Bakery in Kirkland Park Place.
German Chocolate.  
It was as delicious as it looked.
Three students came to visit me today.
I was their teacher and coach my very first year and they are juniors in high school now.
They are the best kids I could ever ask to work with.
When they thought back to our time together, they remember the fun stuff, and had placed all of the other lunacy in it's proper place.  They could recognize that I adored them but was frustrated with some of the dopes in their class.  I am so relieved that the good kids felt how much I cared about them, and that they understood the difficulties of dealing with chuckleheads.

Linkage:

I can't put my finger on why I love this picture so much.
I was almost disappointed that they found the couple.
 The story in my head is probably better than the real story.  

People used Post-Its to cover a police car with thank you notes.
A spontaneous outpouring of support by citizens appreciating their law enforcement.  

Everyone who watches Breaking Bad freaking LOVES it. 
This schedule helps you get caught up in time for the Season 4 premiere.  The plan is super helpful because it breaks the episodes down by their emotional impact.  Some days, you can only stomach one episode before you are emotionally ruined.
I'm probably not making this show sound fun...

2 comments:

  1. Those girls sent you a cake? Did they visit you??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I got interrupted while I was posting this.

    Yes, I got a cake.

    And yes, those girls visited.

    But those girls did not bring a cake.

    ReplyDelete