Friday, June 24, 2011

Day 258 - Dad's Retired For Good. I'm Only "Retired" For Nine Weeks.

June 22, 2011
This is an awesome present.
I can't believe a kid remembered my affinity for Billy Joel.
Party!
Yes, the scoreboard in the background was used to keep track of the flipcup game.
Used by Permission via A Day In The Life


My Dad retired today.  
The staff celebrated by giving him Johnnie Walker Blue Label.
This is way better than a gold watch.
Congratulations Dad! 


Linkage:


Dear Photograph (via Huff Post)
Dear Photograph asks you to "take a picture of a picture from the past in the present." What does that mean? Take an old photograph to the site where it was taken and try to align it perfectly with the scenery. It makes for an awesome collection of photos.



1 comment:

  1. I saw in the Update that your dad had retired - boy does that sound good right about now. Glad I had a photo you could use.

    ReplyDelete