Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Day 297 - It's Fake, But It's Still Semi-Impressive


July 31, 2011

As a kid, summer was about doing all the things you didn't have time to do during the year.  Sometimes that meant going outside and running around all day.  Sometimes it meant staying inside and playing video games until you developed blisters on your thumbs.

I created James Van Der Beek's character from Varsity Blues.  Jon Moxon was drafted by the Raiders with the 100th overall pick, and led them to an undefeated season and a Super Bowl win.  

Don't judge.  
I won the Super Bowl today.  
What did you accomplish?


For a second, I thought he wanted to be a fullback.  
Then I realized he's the 44th President.   
That makes more sense

Linkage:


From New Yorker
(By Susan Orlean {aka the lady from Adaptation})
I’ve often wondered about this.  I think, for the birthday wish to mean something, it had to be remembered, not prompted by Bookface.  But there’s no way to tell, and there are so many more people to remember.  It was easier when people just carried around balloons on their birthdays.



1 comment:

  1. so. . .we shouldn't wish you happy b'day when we see it on FB?

    ReplyDelete