Thursday, August 18, 2011

Day 305 - Watch The Throne

August 8, 2011
If you ask me, "What is the one musician you would want to see in concert?"  I would say Billy Joel.  Done that.  Next, I might choose the band that puts on the biggest spectacle.  U2.  Done that.  What current musical act would I most want to see live?  It might be Kanye West, or Jay -Z.  
It would be tough to choose.

WATCH THE THRONE, FOOLS!



Tickets went on sale at 10:00am this morning.  So, I woke up earlier than usual (summer is awesome), and tried to get tickets.  The cheapest available tickets were $60 but they were unavailable.  The next price point was $110!  That's steep, but these guys are legends.  I kept resubmitting the forms to get better seats. When I finally got good seats and the total cost came up, I hesitated.  It started to bother me, "Why couldn't I get those cheaper seats?"  I tried them again and BAM!!  Jason and I will be watching the throne from the very back of the Tacoma Dome (from the cheap seats).  

Jason said there are really only two types of seats at a show: Inside the building.  Or outside the building.
And when I thought about the cost breakdown, I would pay $30 to see either of these guys.  Plus, they threw-in a download of the album with each ticket purchased.  

LINKAGE:


GQ links to all of the high-end, luxury items mentioned on the album.  No one lives on this level.


Grantland reviews the album
The general consensus is that this album is solid, but "My Beautiful, Dark, Twisted Fantasy" was better.  Kanye blew my mind four times on that album.

And in case this album just isn't for you:
Donald Glover (Troy on Community) spits FIRE!!
He raps as Childish Gambino and it is not a joke.

In case you aren't a fan of rap at all.  
This is from the other end of the spectrum.


Best Coast video for "Our Deal"
Directed by Drew Barrymore with Donald Glover and Maybe Bluth


No comments:

Post a Comment