Sunday, August 28, 2011

Day 314 - So, I Guess I'm Moved Out


August 17, 2011
My old room looks spotless. 
I had nothing to do with it.
I had been moving out boxes in bunches, due to the carrying capacity of my moderately-priced, compact car.  I had left some posters on the wall and some books packed in the cabinets.  Tonight's trip was about cleaning out the rest.  I had planned to be there for a few hours.  But the new resident had already cleaned me out.  

Don't get me wrong.  Everything was nicely packed with care and placed in a neat stack on the counter.  I couldn't help but feel like a jerk somehow.  Was I supposed to do this quicker?  Do we even have a timetable for this?  I feel bad that the new tenant had to clean up my crap (though she felt free to commandeer my bookshelf.  Why don't you make yourself at home?).

At least it's done.

Completely unrelated:
This was at Bridle Trails Park today.
It's now $10 to use the park that's in the middle of a residential area. 
You know how many cars were in the lot?
Three.
Because everyone else was parking on the street.

Linkage:

So this kind of happened to me regarding the classroom move.  I’m not even sure if I have feelings about this issue. I don't really use bookface for announcements, though I get why people do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment