Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Day 299 - Afternoon TV

August 2, 2011
I am setting up a new classroom this year.  And it looks like I'm starting from scratch.


There are objects in the room, but I don't see a working classroom yet.

To avoid traffic on the way home, I stop at my parents' house.  If my mother is home, there is very predictable entertainment.  
Here are some highlights from today:

Maury Povich
This is really all he does.  I don't know why it doesn't get old.  There are so many variations on this story.  Sometimes the mom has no clue who is the father, and she drags random men to the show.  And it seems like every episode has one story where the guy desperately wants to be the father, and it warms our hearts when the DNA backs him up.  The reactions are priceless.  If the men are not the father, they jump around like, well, how normal people react when they have a healthy baby.  Also, how is it that all these people are so incredibly fertile?  There are so many well-educated, loving, well-adjusted couples that would LOVE to have this problem.  Not the paternity part, but the having-a-baby part.  And how does one girl sleep with 100 guys?  Literally, how does she fit it into her schedule?  If she could narrow the conception window down to 30 days, then she would be sleeping with three different guys everyday.  How does she meet that many people?  Is getting pregnant her full time job?  

Judge Judy
The litigants on this show do not understand the legal system.  I can't tell you how many times the plaintiff mentions a bill they had to pay, and Judy asks "Can I see the bill?" and the plaintiff says "oh...yeah... I don't have it with me today."  
What did you think court was?

Anthony Bourdain at El Bulli
It's amazing to see anyone do anything at this level.

1 comment:

  1. But just think about the AWESOME neighbors you are going to have next to your new classroom!

    ReplyDelete