Monday, August 29, 2011

Day 317 - Mighty Movers!!

August 20, 2011
We're all adults here.  I don't mind helping you move.  I'm doing you a favor.  It's like a workout without going to the gym.  I get on my gym shorts and a sweatband and it's GO TIME.  I do work.  

Do me a favor too.  Don't pretend that my sweat can be bought with pizza and beer.  I'm not doing this for pizza and beer, I'm doing it because you're my friend.  If you were stuck in Lake Stevens and needed a ride, I'd be out there too.  But not because you promised to buy me ice cream on the way home.  I'm a Grown Ass Man (GAM), I can buy my own ice cream, pizza and beer.  

So don't cheapen this by suggesting that an economic incentive is the only reason I'm donating my time and muscle.  I'm doing it because you're my friend.

And one day, I'll want you to help me move too.

Before:

After:

Nick, you had three crates of VERY HEAVY BOOKS.
It's called a kindle.  
Invest in one.

I pushed him all the way down to the truck on that thing.
Yes it was awesome.

Everything made it in the door of the new place.  
I have fulfilled my obligations. 
Now you may shower me with beer and pizza if you feel so obligated.

And an additional, completely unrelated issue:
They usually play music during our indoor soccer games.  Typically, the music gets me jacked up.  Tonight, during an athletic contest, they were playing Jack Johnson.  Nothing against that dude, but he's so mellow, I almost fell asleep while a soccer ball was being kicked at my face. 
Arena Sports, invest in some Kanye.

No comments:

Post a Comment