Monday, August 22, 2011

Day 309 - Paradox - Charlie Burger

August 12, 2011
Supporting local businesses is important.   It's what insulates us from Walmart.  By patronizing local establishments, we ensure greater variety for ourselves and higher quality options in our community.
 If we don't do it, who will?

So I should love Charlie's Burgers, a new joint that moved in on Lake Washington Boulevard.  It's just a block from my house.  I cannot articulate why I am weary of this burger shack.  There is no logical explanation.

Though contempt without investigation is fun, I had to try it.

It's not bad, but it's not good.  It's like Red Robin, but worse.  Red Robin should be the big corporation I hate, and Charlie's is the plucky local underdog I should want to overthrow the big city, fat cats.  But in this case, I grew up with Red Robin.  Charlie's is a weird new thing.

I clearly have some new issues to sort out.


Linkage:
"Who Nose?"
(30 Rock reruns are still funny)

"We all have this festering id full of devils and weirdness," Maron said, "and when we access it, voluntarily or involuntarily, it can be a frightening place, and it might make us feel ashamed of ourselves." Or it can be something else, a kind of liberation. That's the role that C.K. plays, Maron said. The service he provides is that he knows how to guide us into and then back out of darkness. "Louis just goes right in there and says, 'Don't worry, I got this. I got a flashlight. I know these people.' "
Most of this interview is from his special "Hilarious", which is, as the name implies, very funny.

2 comments:

  1. That was on the 520 funny today! Love him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, so tempted to play this for my students. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete